To display PowerPoint signage presentations on your TV, install the appropriate digital signage player software on your PC or compute stick. It’s the stick’s hardware/digital signage software combination that transforms your TV into a networked signage TV point capable of displaying PowerPoint presentations.
Content Management Service
One of the common complaints against PowerPoint-based digital signage software is the lack of a full-fledged content management service (CMS) that supports PowerPoint files. This is a valid concern. Without a CMS you are reduced to updating your signage content by manually copying presentations files onto each PC/TV point. And how do you support things like signage display schedules or remote management? Without a CMS you can’t.
This was the primary reason we developed PowerSignage™. PowerSignage is a cloud-based digital signage service designed to display PowerPoint files on a standard TV. With PowerSignage simply upload PowerPoint signage presentations to our CMS. PowerPoint digital signage files are automatically downloaded from our CMS (via PC or compute stick) and displayed on your TV points. PowerSignage supports the native PowerPoint file format: there is no need to convert PowerPoint into video or export it as a set of image files.
- Very affordable digital signage solution
- Create digital signage content using PowerPoint
- Uses low-cost PC/compute sticks for digital signage player hardware
- Includes digital signage media player software
- Converts stick into a digital signage media player
- Hosted cloud-based service–no PC server required
- Cloud storage for uploading signage presentations
- Complete digital signage content management service (CMS)
- Display signage 24 x 7 or schedule by date, time and day of the week
- Assign signage presentations to individual TV points or groups
- Supports location- and role-based digital signage management
- Supports remote management of signage TV points
- Supports landscape or portrait signage display, up to 4K UHD resolution
- Supports signage based on PowerPoint files and HTML (live web)
- Fully managed CMS, no IT support headaches
PowerSignage uses PC and compute sticks for digital signage player hardware. Install PowerPlayer™, our digital signage software, on your PC/compute sticks. PowerPlayer automatically downloads PowerPoint signage presentations and display them on your TV. And to keep cost down PowerPlayer uses the free PowerPoint Viewer to display signage presentations, so there is no need to purchase a PowerPoint license for each TV point.
PowerPoint is a compelling content creation tool for digital signage. Through its flexible layout manager, wide multimedia support and page animation/transition effects you can create effective digital signage presentations with minimal effort. Add to this the wide variety of free and low-cost PowerPoint digital signage templates and you have an exceptionally powerful tool for creating professional, great looking digital signage.
Additionally, PC and compute sticks have dramatically lowered the hardware cost of supporting a Windows-based solution like PowerPoint digital signage. Finally, we have PowerSignage, an affordable CMS for managing your PowerPoint digital signage workflow.
While PowerPoint has some limitations it is an ideal digital signage software solution for a wide range of small to mid-sized organizations. For more information please download and review our Using PowerPoint for Digital Signage PDF document or visit our website at www.powerdigitalsignage.com.
Microsoft and PowerPoint are the registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. PowerSignage and PowerPlayer are trademarks of Power Media Design Pty Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright Ⓒ 2017 by Power Media Design Pty Ltd., all rights reserved.