To display PowerPoint presentations plug your mini-stick into your TV and install the appropriate digital signage player software on it. It’s the stick’s hardware and player software combination that transforms your TV into a PowerPoint digital signage display station.
Content Management Service
One of the common complaints against using PowerPoint is the lack of a content management service (CMS) that supports PowerPoint files. Without a CMS you are reduced to updating your signage content by manually copying presentations files onto each PC/TV point. And how do you support things like signage display schedules or remote management? Without a CMS you can’t.
PowerSignage – PowerPoint Content Management Service
The lack of a proper PowerPoint CMS was the primary reason we developed PowerSignage™. PowerSignage is a cloud-based CMS designed specifically for PowerPoint. PowerSignage provides cloud storage and supports the native PowerPoint file format: there is no need to convert PowerPoint into video or export it as a set of image files. PowerSignage CMS makes it easy to upload, manage and display PowerPoint digital signage presentations on you TV screen.
PowerPlayer – PowerPoint TV Media Player
We offer PowerPlayer™, low-cost media player that displays PowerPoint digital signage presentations on your TV. PowerPlayer is a Windows 10 mini-PC stick that plugs into your TV’s HDMI source input. It includes a lifetime PowerSignage CMS product license.
Using PowerPlayer you display PowerPoint digital signage presentations in 3 simple steps:
- Create your digital signage using PowerPoint
- Upload the digital signage presentation to PowerSignage CMS
- Plug PowerPlayer into your TV’s HDMI source input
PowerPlayer automatically downloads and displays PowerPoint digital signage presentations on your TV screen.
- Very affordable digital signage solution
- Create digital signage content using PowerPoint
- Uses low-cost PC/compute sticks for digital signage player hardware
- Includes digital signage media player software
- Converts stick into a digital signage media player
- Hosted cloud-based service–no PC server required
- Cloud storage for uploading signage presentations
- Complete digital signage content management service (CMS)
- Display signage 24 x 7 or schedule by date, time and day of the week
- Assign signage presentations to individual TV points or groups
- Supports location- and role-based digital signage management
- Supports remote management of signage TV points
- Supports landscape or portrait signage display, up to 4K UHD resolution
- Supports signage based on PowerPoint files and HTML (live web)
- Fully managed CMS, no IT support headaches
And to keep operating cost down PowerPlayer uses the free PowerPoint Viewer to display signage presentations, so there is no need to purchase a PowerPoint license for each TV point.
PowerPoint is a compelling content creation tool for digital signage. Through its flexible layout manager, wide multimedia support and page animation/transition effects you can create effective digital signage presentations with minimal effort. Add to this the wide variety of free and low-cost PowerPoint digital signage templates and you have an exceptionally powerful tool for creating professional, great looking digital signage.
Additionally, PC and compute sticks have dramatically lowered the hardware cost of supporting a Windows-based solution like PowerPoint digital signage. Finally, we have PowerSignage and PowerPlayer, an affordable solution for creating and displaying digital signage using PowerPoint.
For more information on PowerPoint please download and review our Using PowerPoint for Digital Signage PDF document. For more information on PowerPlayer please review our product brochure or visit our website at www.powerdigitalsignage.com.
Microsoft and PowerPoint are the registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. PowerSignage and PowerPlayer are trademarks of Power Media Design Pty Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright Ⓒ 2017 by Power Media Design, all rights reserved.